Hate mail - What's the point?

I debated on whether or not to share this but after reading some of today's questions I decided I would. This is a portion of a message I got last week...

"Sabrina, I wanted to let you know that you and those horrid women like you are the reason I can not stay a member of this wonderful website. I am canceling my acct. but I will continue to pray for you. I am sick over the idea that Cafemom will even allow you people on here. This site is for real moms, not those that are willing to sacrifice their children to false gods. I hope for their sake that you find a bible soon and a real bible not that crazy Jehova one. Find it, read it and take your kids to church like a normal family. Otherwise you will all burn in hell forever and it will be your fault."

She went on to tell me how she hopes that CPS will come take my kids and how a real president would have me burned but with a pagan man in office true christians are doomed

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry, it wouldn't all fit.

My question is this... What is the point of sending messages like this? Do the senders really think they are going to change anything? And do they really think this makes their beliefs look good?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would guess it's the same point as all those questions today - people so full of hate they just can't contain themselves. Now the real question - did the troll really quit or just change names?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• that is why I post anon. I will never have to deal with it on a personal level it will only be on a anon situation. I would turn that post into CM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I did turn it in, but she did delete her account. Although I wonder if she is one of our many trolls with multi-accounts?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I assume it is venting. People filled with that much ignorant hate need to let it out on a regular basis.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Maybe we should go in to business selling valves for women like this... They could just shove it up their asses just like their head!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The point is she is spreading her ignorance and views on everyone else, judging and feeling superior for her faith. I have been the recepient of many hate mails myself, just be glad she is out of your hair and ours. I truly beleive they this kind of mail comes because they beleive is their duty to tell you are wrong and they know the truth.

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have never understood why people will send things like that. To me sending letters like that or even talking to someone like that is one of the true evil's in this world.

I dont see any point in sending someone hate mail it only makes the sender look ignorant and doesnt exactly help their case when they want you to see things their way.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It still blows my mind that people can be that cruel and heartless and that far off base for a Christian(im assuming that by the way she was talking). I'm sorry you have to read stuff like that, you that anyone has to read something like that.

And there is no point. For a Christian, it goes against what the Bible says. It tells us to love our neighbor, not spread hate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry you were the target of hate mail Sabrina. I've been lucky enough to not receive that kind of mail even though I rarely post anon. I'm glad the woman is gone. She is an embarrassment to all that it means to be spiritual and a mother.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009