Can I keep my 13 month old from grinding his teeth?

He does it all day long! His top teeth look like they are starting to chip because of it. The only thing I can think of is keep a bink in his mouth all day, but he takes it out and I don't really want him having it that much anyways. What should I do?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would talk to a dentist There are most likely a mouth guard for something that can be put in place. If not at least these teeth will be falling out in a few years.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• With my daughter, I would grasp her jaw firmly, my forefinger on one side and my thumb on the other pull down gently, (just enough to stop her) look directly at her and tell her no. She stopped after a few times, but she didn't do it all day either, just occassionally.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my daughter does that also. Someone on here said that they do that because of stress?? I dont know how a baby can be all that stressed haha unless there is tension in your home. My dd is now 24 months and has cut down on doing it except sometimes while sleeping
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No, you can not stop them. They like the sound. All 5 of my kiddos have done it. You can try telling them no, but really, how well does a 13 month old listen. LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009