Is there any religion besides Christianity

that teaches its members to hate and fear anyone different from themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christianity does NOT teach that! The greedy men that have warped the religion in to what it is today have taught that! But do not mistake that hate and anger as a teaching of the true religion of Christianity...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with Sabrina and im not christian.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think the real question is: Is there ANY religion...

wow there is a lot of hate on here today

grab some chocolate, or a beer...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• In almost every large religion umbrella in existence you will find a few sects that teach that.

BUT I wouldn't place that accusation on any large umbrella religion like ALL of christianity or ALL of anything else.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• But do not mistake that hate and anger as a teaching of the true religion of Christianity.

Who practices that? Have you ever received hate mail from anyone besides a self-described Christian?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Actually it's not just religion that teaches that. And your question is an example of that.

The "so have you stopped beating your wife" type questions are so stupid - why do people bother?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP, I am sorry you have such a sad view of Christianity. Christianity teaches love as the greatest command and attribute. Here are some verses I found on biblegateway.com :

1 John 4:18
    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
    1 Peter 4:8
    Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
    1 Corinthians 13:1
    [ Love ] If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
    1 John 4:16
    And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
    1 Corinthians 13:13
    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    Hatred and fear are not a part of the Christian belief; they are a part of human nature
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Have you ever received hate mail from anyone besides a self-described Christian?

Yes.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

Yes! I have! Although I will say that MOST of it comes from the "Christian" ladies.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• To my knowledge, there is no religion that in and of itself and as a part of its doctrine teaches hate. The hate and anger come in with men (and women's) interpretations, but that is not by the original design of the individual doctrines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009