Im so board and depressed since I lost my job, Has anyone else been like this after a job loss?

Im so board and depressed since I lost my job....I have been waiting for months for my unemployment to start, I'm so depressed about my situation, I been looking for a job and I have had no luck, so I decided to go back to school to change my situation instead of feeling sorry for myself, but going back to school terrifies me. I feel so nervous about my situation, I'm all set for school and I start in about a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ohh I know that feeling. After I had kids I had to quite and have had the hardest time finding a job that covers child care and makes it worth it to go everyday. So I thought I would get my masters, but that scares the poo out of me. I couldn't get anything started, I got half way and stalled out. But now both are a mute point. We are military and moving again in less then a year mostly. To fight the SAHM blues, I get out of the house daily. We have play group, library group, both free and a class at the Y and some for me. I figure I will use this time to loss the 40 lbs of baby fat I have. And the exercise helps to improve my mood. With my hubby deploying I am going to need that. Good for you in getting everything for school going. you are going to do great, you have real life experience to bring to the table. Good luck and enjoy, it will so be worth it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was pretty happy when I lost mine. Sorry about your luck. Good decision to go back to school.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My brother just went back to work and it can get depressing. I know for him, he felt rejected when he didn't get any calls back, and even though he now has a job, he is hoping something better will come along. You just have to hang in there and keep trying. Remember, if you give into the depression, each day you will fight it less and less, and then what will you do? You have to keep trying, because without hope, what do you have? Hang in there, things will get better.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ugh..I've always hated that "in between jobs" period. You apply, you wait, you get rejected etc. The rejection can make a person feel 'less than' even if it's just for a few minutes. You wonder why?
    You have school to look forward to...that's a very good thing! Be proud of yourself and when you get out of bed each day...focus on your brighter future ahead. That's called HOPE, like the other reply said. You don't have ANYTHING without HOPE......so hang on to that tight. Keep your chin up. Don't let the depression get a grip on you. That's a downward spiral for sure. I take L-Tryptophan 2x a day to keep depression at bay. It works great for me. I wish someone had told me about it years and years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sometimes an ending is a new beginning!! Congratulations on going back to school. I am a big supporter of education. My hubby and I are living proof of what can happen when you get one. Hang in there, get that education and take your life where you want it to go!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009