Is there a certain age that you want/wanted to have all of your kids by? Why?

I want to have mine before I'm 27. I'm 23, have a 19 month-old and one on the way. I would like to have 3 kids. I'm sure some people think it's silly. I don't know, I just want to have them early so I'll have plenty of energy to play with them and all that. I'm already a low-energy kind of person so I guess I'm worried that when I'm older I won't be able to get off the couch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol that is a good reason even if a bit funny. Mostly becuase I relate. For me it was 30. I wanted two children and I have two. I turned 31 this year.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would like to be done by about 27, just because my daughter was a high school graduation surprise and I would like to have plenty of time with just my hubby when my kids are grown. I'm 22 and have a three and a half year old, we've been TTC for 14 months now. I'm really hoping to have another soon and then one more when I'm about 26... we'll see how it goes though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It was 30 for me too lol I have 3 and i am done, I just turned 33 and my youngest is 5, I have hit the point where I know that i dont have the energy or patience for one more. I also felt like i spent all of my 20's either pregnant, breastfeeding, or changing diapers, by the time i got to 30 I was tired so was DH and he went in and had a vasectomy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I got married when I was 30 so 35 was/is my deadline.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• lol i mine was 30 to just b/c i wanted to be able to enjoy retirement and grand kids while i still had a mind
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I always wanted to have all my kids by 25 - one boy one girl and maybe another if we feel like it before I'm 30- and for the same reason. I'm 23 with one boy. I had a very hard pregnancy and a 31 hour labor so now i'm rethinking everything and running out of time if i want to use my timeline!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i wanted atleast 2 before i was 30 (i'm 26 & had my son 5 weeks ago and have a 3 y/o dd...no more!)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I want to be done by the time i am 30. I have nothing against people who have babies over 30, but when I am 30 my husband will be 42, and I know he doesnt want to have any after that. I already have three, and I am 26, and I may be pregnant again, and if I am not, I am pretty sure I am not going to be having anymore.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think a lot of people (not all, obviously) want to be done by the time they're 30, maybe 40 at the oldest. Dunno why, but 30 just seems like a good age to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I always said that if I wasn't done having kids by the time I was 25, I would consider my eggs expired. I got pregnant with my last baby when I was 25 and had him two months after my 26th birthday.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009