who wrote the book of Acts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Luke wrote it while in Rome sometime around the year 61c.e.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sabrina is right, it was Luke. He actually travelled with Paul on his missionary journeys and was even imprissoned with Paul.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you open a bible and LOOK at the TOP of each book it tells you WHO the author is. At least it does in the 4 bibles I have in my home.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have 2 bibles and I just checked - neither of them have it listed... So, you're are special vbruno.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OK thanks vbruno. you have first assumed I have a bible at home, and you have 2nd assumed that my bible does that. I, like Sabrina, just check BOTH of my bibles and they do not tell me who wrote acts. I have heard that Luke wrote acts, but there is a lot of Peter quoting in acts--so you know maybe I am just a little slower than the average gal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree. luke.
    ladycherise

Answer by ladycherise at 5:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• luke
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 7:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Luke, as the Holy Spirit directed him. Some also think he wrote Hebrews because the style is so similar.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009