Im so board and depressed since I lost my job, Has anyone else been like this after a job loss?

Im so board and depressed since I lost my job....I have been waiting for months for my unemployment to start, I'm so depressed about my situation, I been looking for a job and I have had no luck, so I decided to go back to school to change my situation instead of feeling sorry for myself, but going back to school terrifies me. I feel so nervous about my situation, I'm all set for school and I start in about a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hang in there. School will help keep you occupied,as you can see already jobs are not secure.

If you really want to change youfinancial future I would encourage you to take a tour of our company.

We help people access equal justice accross the US and Canada.

Click here for our Company overview.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You have to decide what you want to do. If you want to work then start job searching if you want to go to school then do it. Maybe go to school and deliver pizzas or newspapers for extra money. Do not watch the news or read blogs etc that say unemployment high and all the other doom and gloom as it will follow. Put yourself out there and keep going no matter how hopeless it gets. I was about in tears 4 years ago when I went to job interview after another being told I didn't get the job and the reason was because I didn't give good enough eye contact. Well about a month later I received a break and work for a company that is better benefit wise then any of the other ones I applied for. So keep going there is something out there for you.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 1:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think it's great that you're being Pro-Active!!! GO YOU GO YOU!! Be proud of yourself for not letting a crappy situation stop you. I am glad that you have taken initiative to go back to school and change your life for the better. What a good role model and strong woman you are!!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i have a parent who was laid off at th estart of the economical downfall. thought they would be able to get right back in there doing somethin less stressfull. now is such a bitter depressed person and feels like life is over bc of age. idont have words of widsom bc i think that right now, we are in for arough road as americans. everyone got excited abou a new president but sorry people, its not gonna get better for a long time.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i should add that parent is still unemployed and the unemployment rate in my area is the hghest in the nation.
    soveryconfused

• I am in the same boat, lost my job, bored stiff. I am searching hard for a job but nothing. I live in CA where the unemployment rate is 12.2 percent it sucks. Stay positive as everything happens for a reason and something good will come out of this for all.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2009