Are you getting your LO the regular flu shot? Or the H1N1?

I have a 6 yr old stepson living with us who I'm afraid will bring home the flu...do you think I can just get him one or should my dd get one also? Is she even old enough? She's almost 4 months...she's got an appt on Monday - I'm just wondering what you all think!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know how old they have to be to get the flu shot. None of my kids, my husband or myself will be getting either one of the shots.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yeah i'm with fallnangel.. my kids will not be getting either, neither will i or my dh
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• All three of us are getting the regular flu shots. We have a shortage of H1N1 in our area. But I think it's very important to vaccinate babies and children. Our son is 10 mths old and there is nothing worse than a sick baby. I don't want him to get the flu when I can so easily prevent it.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 1:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Has to be 6 months to have a flu shot. I am getting all mine theirs including my 7 month old. I will leave it up to the DR. on h1n1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We won't be getting any flu shots.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My dd got the regular flu shot last week and will be getting the H1N1 soon.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Just so you know even if you get the flu shot, you can still get the flu it doesn't prevent you from getting it.

Last time I got the flu shot, I ended up with the flu TWICE.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm not. But, they need to be at least 6 mos for the first one. And, the first time they get one, they need a booster 1 month later.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i have 3 kids- none of us have ever gotten a flu shot, and when my middle son and i got it from our roommates 7 yrs ago, we had it a few days versus their 2 weeks. i don't see the point.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 2:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Your daughter isn't old enough. The minimum age for a flu shot is 6 months and they get it in 2 parts. My 27 month old will not have a flu shot, nor will I. My husband will only have one b/c his command requires it and he has no way around it.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009