Have you ever known someone who died from excessive binge drinking?

A few years ago I was a HORRIBLE alcoholic ( I still am, but I have been sober 2 years and 27 days)
I mean BAD! I couldnt even get out of bed without having a beer or a shot because I would be so sick. I went to the hospital countless times with blood alcohol levels of .200's .300's and in one case .450's legal limit is .08 The doctors always told me it was a miracal I was not in a coma or dead. I was a blackout drunk, I have a couple years that are just a blank. I thank God everyday that I am alive and healthy, and I also that God for the Alcoholics Anonymous program, without which, I may still be where I was.
( BTW I never drove! I never got my licsense because I knew I would end up drinking and driving. )
A couple nights ago, I got a phone call from a friend telling me a mutal friend of ours went on a binge, and ended up dieing. I think she had also taken some pills along with the alcohol. Have you ever lost someone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• from binge drinking, or drinking in general?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was so shocked to hear she had died from binging... I sat and wondered for hours how it didnt happen to me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yes a girl in our town her first semester in college died from alcohol poisoning she was only 19 and it wasnt cause she was low class either her parents are one of the wealthiest families in town and she was straight a student in high school and played sports the typical all american girl.. and had everything going for her so so sad
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• no but a girl in my sons class his senior year was in I.C.U. several times for severe alcohol poisoning. She had been straight A s, an athlete very sad.One grandfather was an alcoholic but her parents were not.They have worked so hard with her.She has been through re-hab several times, She is living at home and going to community college now instead off to school like her friends .So hope this time it works ,a very sweet nice girl.Breaks your heart for her and her family. You are doing GREAT,stay strong,you are an inspiration . A close friend from college has been sober for 23 years and she says AA saved her life also.At this point,for her,it is no longer a struggle Take care

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes I do know people who've died from drinking, both alcohol poisoning and vehicle accidents. I wanted to congratulate you on your sobriety. That's awesome. I too am a recovering alcoholic with 6 and half years sober. I feel lucky and grateful every day to still be here in spite of the excessive drinking and stupid choices I made while drinking. While some bad things happened as a result of my alcoholism, I feel fortunate to still be alive and to be healthy. Congrats to you--keep your sobriety going, it just gets better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009