Is it me or him

I love my exboyfriend a whole lot but it's a reason why he's my ex boyfriend..we have a dd together . i raise our dd mostly by myself ..he see her one a month and sends me about 150.00 a month for her .for mothers day he got me nothing for my birthday he got me nothing ..for christmas he brought me a braclet which broke the same day i wore it ..he doesn wanna discuss a future or anything serious for that matter .and he says i have to many expectations ..he says its either my way or the highway . i just wanna be happy..do romantic things ..if it's a holiday exchange gifts..he told me i was being real petty becuz i expected a mothers day gift..its not that i expected one it's just it was my first mothers day and i thought it was going to be special ..instead i didnt get a break with the baby and i brought myself something from my daughter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Mothers Day to me, in my opinion should be spent with your daughter/son. They are the reason your a mommy, I think the day is dedicated to them.. Some may not agree with me, bc everyone has their own opinion, but he doesnt seem worth it to be honest. If he doesnt care enough about you to treat you well, or even be nice enough to spend a holiday with you, then He is not worth it. I would find someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 2:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Its him hun, you are not expecting anything out or the ordinary but just to be recognized and valued.

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I FEEL YOU! My life exactly! UGH, MEN! Here's the thing, I have been with the same man for 10 years, that should be long enough for him to have realized that I expect certain things from our relationship. He didn't get me anything for mother's day on my first one either, he said it didn't count and just stupide stuff like that. But anyway I could be here all day on this one so let me sum it up.

Men, for the most part, are doing GREAT if they don't hit you, don't cheat, and make money. To expect them to be romantic and loving and get into all holidays and anniversaries, is expecting a lot cuz they just aren't wired like we are. It hurts my feelings and I fight with hubby all the time but he's a good guy for the most part so I have learned to let some of it go. I don't think you're being petty at all, you're a woman and you just want to feel like one and be shown love, it's NOT you!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It's both of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He's an ex. Why would you expect an ex to buy you anything?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yes he's an ex but we still act like we are together ..it's kind of no title thing

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie and if you act like you are still together.... then yes it is you. You have strange expectations from an ex.
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 3:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He's your ex, and don't expect anything from him, cause the day he gets with someone else you are the one who's going to suffer...he's you childs father AND THAT'S ALL....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• DAM GIRL HES YOUR X , GO FIND U A BETTER MAN AND TELL YOUR X TO KISS YOUR ASS AND GO TO HELL ! ! THAT WHAT I DID ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009