C-Section or Normal Birth ?

So how are you guys planning to have the baby ? Me, I havent decided yet.

katsogrimey

Asked by katsogrimey at 2:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont mean to be rude ...but honestly, if someone has not done the research on the risks of a c-section they shouldn't be considering having one. ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I didn't realize you had a choice. Having had both though I seriouly suggest normal birth. Recovery is a lot quicker. Congratulations
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 2:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Thanks. Yeah the doctor asked me what type of birth I want to give, but I'm being chicken about the Normal type, but the Babys Father doesn't want me to get a C-Section because it will leave a Scar.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 2:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Probably a c-section (when I finally get pregnant). The info out there on vbacs scares the $hit out of me.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OMG NOT A SCAR! honestly, I can see the stretch marks, no mistaking those, but unless you know EXACTLY what to look for, you cannot see my scar.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you have the choice then it's not for a medical reason.
    So it's safer & better for mom and baby to choose the most natural route possible.
    Natural birth is better for your baby~ that is a priority, of course. And it's better for you.

Do you have any concerns about natural birthing?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My bestfriends mom died giving natural birth
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 2:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Auroura that's exactly what I told him lol
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 2:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had such a wonderful doc for my son I only labored for four hours. The vaginal delevery was more painful, but the recovery was so much better. I was back to work driving an 18 wheeler in about 3 weeks. After my c-sections I was out of commision for almost a month and 20 years later the scar still bothers me sometimes.
    Hope this helps and good luck.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 3:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I've done both and would never choose a c/s over vaginal for anything other than medical reasons. The risks for both mom and baby are higher with a c/s, the recovery is generally longer with c/s, it can make bf'ing more difficult to start. I'm not saying a c/s is never necessary, I know that they can be very necessary and life saving, but do some research and if you are allowed to make that choice, make an informed one.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009