Breast Feeding?

People look at me like if I was such a bad mother for not wanting to breast feed. I have implants and don't want to mess them up and pay to fix them again so I decided not to breast feed.

katsogrimey

Asked by katsogrimey at 2:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't breast feed and I don't have implants. As long as you feed your baby, there's nothing wrong with formula feeding. There's so many nutrients and etc in formula these days that in some cases it could be better for your better (of course depending on a mother's diet, how much milk a mother can produce etc) I'm not against breast feeding but it is a personal choice and people should really mind their own business. As long as the baby is healthy, there is no reason for anyone to be concerned with it!
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Umm ok. You're still going to produce milk for a few days. Hope that doesn't do anything to 'em. Never had them so I don't know, but I really don't think breastfedding would "mess" them up. I can't wrap my mind around how it would make any difference in the least, but as long as your baby gets fed I don't care where it comes from. Good luck mama!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Don't know if you had a question, but maybe this info can help you:

kellymom.com :: Can I continue to breastfeed if...? Beauty ...

Silicone implants are considered to be compatible with breastfeeding, but the surgery itself can affect breastfeeding for some moms.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Breastfeeding does not mess them up. All the damage that can be done is from the pregnancy and your milk coming in. Your milk comes in if you breastfeed or not. If you don't want to bf for personal reasons that is fine, but if you only think you can't because of implants please talk to a lactation nurse or even your plastic surgeon and get all the correct info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009