Sooo irritated..help..

My DH and I have had the same argument many,many times..ok so this is what's going on..I'm a SAHM, and my DH works in real estate. All his co-workers are mostly single, and like to play gold during and after work. DH took up golfing as well. The thing that bugs me soo much is that he goes after work, instead of coming home to his 3 kids and to me. I have told him before that if he's going to go play he should do it early in the morning, or during lunch, but it really upsets me when he goes after work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• CONTINUE... So anyways, he went yesterday, AND went this morning as well. I have told him that weekend are for us to be together, and do things as a family. Well it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other..I'm sooo tired or repeating myself..what can I say or do to let him know its not ok to go after work or every friggin weekend??..also..I don't do things like that..my kids come first..should I give him a taste of his own medicine??..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP here..sorry I meant golf..lol..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• hmmm...i would just exclude him for a bit and continue to do family stuff w/ the kids...worked for me when my dh went through that stage...I acted like he didnt exist for a while--kinda like he did to us...good luck--
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP here..I have tried that..I'm so frustrated I know its just golfing, but he doesn't see the harm he is causing. Our kids cry when he leaves,and he just tells them "oh ill bring u a toy" and doesn't come home with S**t..sorry..just upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• In my opinion, when you actually bring in $ to pay all the bills like he does then you have a say in what he does after work or to relax. R.E. is a very stressfull job. Let him play golf. He could be out cheating on you instead of trying to destress before he comes home.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes your right he could be out cheating, but to me whether if he's cheating,playing golf,playing pool,going to a Dodgers game...its all the same...he's AWAY from his kids..and that's not fair. He work 12 hrs a day..come home and spends 30 mins with kids..and its the same Mon-Fri..and now on the F'n weekend too...c'mon...either he wants a family ot not..I'm soo fed up..I seriously want out...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP here...Yes your right he could be out cheating, but to me whether if he's cheating,playing golf,playing pool,going to a Dodgers game...its all the same...he's AWAY from his kids..and that's not fair. He work 12 hrs a day..come home and spends 30 mins with kids..and its the same Mon-Fri..and now on the F'n weekend too...c'mon...either he wants a family ot not..I'm soo fed up..I seriously want out...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i understand how you feel ..i feel the same way one thing i learn the hard way is that you can't make a person be the way you want them to be ..your views may not be the same as his ..as mothers we want that fairytale life ..for example ( family time should be like ..getting ice cream, going back home and watching a movie together and topping it off with playing games ..) we always dreamed of our how our prince charming would be and how many kids we would have .how our house would look etc. men are so much diff from us ..it's not going to be clear how you feel becuz he doesn't want to see it that way .he 's always gonna make up an excuse to why it's okay for him to go play golf.stop expecting because it will only lead to dissapointment ..have ur own family time with the kids and enjoy life ..he's missing out not you .
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 3:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• he is cheating on you
    Anonymous

• ask to see the receipts of his games - golf is expensive, if he can't produce, he is having an affair -- watch out, he might be gay if he is hanging out with his buddies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009