food stamps. a cut and dry post, please?

PLEASE? No comments, or even words..... just looking for #'s. how much does your family get a month, how many of you are there, and how much is usually left over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• wow anon 5:26 get a educashion.. i figured maybe thats how u would spell it so thats how i spelled it for u :) pathetic!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• To bad! Food stamp amounts are determined by MANY factors. like how much $ you earn, the state you live in and how many kids you have. You cant really learn anything or compair what you get or dont get by asking this question of others.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• How much will you get?

The amount you get in food stamps depends on your income, resources, and expenses. It also depends on how many people live in your house. In 2000, a single older person received, on average, $44 each month. The maximum amount is:

• $139 for one person

• $256 for a couple

• $366 for three people

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• last year we were getting the max amount for a family of three in WA state. We got a little more than 250 a month. Most months that was more than we needed, if we had a busy month and I had a hard time shopping sales and such it was right on. Hubbys wages went up and we got cut to 194 now. Its almost exactly right, especially as we also get wic for DS. It comes on a card like a debit card, with a pin #. If we dont use everything, it carrys over to the next month. According to the social worker who manages us, there is no way to take off the extra, so I ended up splurging a whole bunch at one point to use it up. (and I felt really weird buying good steak and expensive coffee to do so).
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• What state are you in?

You can get off of welfare if you really want.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• U DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT HOW MUCH OTHERS GET IN FOOD STAMPS ! ! WHY SHOULD WE TELL U ? ITS NONE OF YOUR BISNESE IF WE ON FOOD STAMP AND HOW MUCH ! ! DAM ! ! ! GO GET A DAM JOBE ! ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• louisiana, $688 for a family of 4 but it's about to drop cause husband was finally able to secure full time hours. I'd rather him work all day then use food stamps but sometimes you have to use the resources available to you. We have about $100 left over at the end of the month but i use that to buy my mom a few groceries since she paid our rent a few months ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My and my 5 month old get $367 a month and i make $250 a month and pay $150 a month in bills
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• PA there are 4 of us and we get $426 a month... Never a dime left over! We always end up putting at least $100 in to food every month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• 156. since having my son. i barely eat bc i am so stressed.. i trade this to a parent for help with paying off some bills and now that my son is starting foods i use it for that too....i dont want to need it for very long im in school and if my state wasnt so economically sh*tty maybe i could get a decent job and not be on food stamps. oh you were asking for cut and dry. sorry lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009