Does any one know what it's ok to give a little one a tiny pillow to use when going to sleep?

kewtie

Asked by kewtie at 8:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should not use any loose bedding, stuffed animals or pillows in a crib until a baby is of the age where they actively turn over and roll on their own due to the suffocation hazard.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Not until the baby has excellent neck and head control and can roll over. I would say at least a year. You know, they really don't need it before then.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Atleast a year old. They really don't need it either, It's not like they know what a pillow is lol!
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 8:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• lol wow im the odd ball here but i use one of those things that looks like a wedge it fits the whole crib to a t and no gaps what so ever and he sleeps so well with it.
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• We had a sleep positioner wedge for my son when he was a baby which helped him with reflux and had foam to keep him from getting a flat head. It worked until he was able to start to roll over. He has been without a pillow until just the other day when we got him a toddler pillow. He is 20 months and has a cold and it seems to help him breath when he sleeps. Until now he has never seemed to have any interest in a pillow.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 8:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My daughter is 18 months and still doesn't have one. She does have 2 stuffed animals that are smaller in her crib though.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My daughter is two and a half and still doesn't use a pillow. She flips from one side of the crib to the other so much, I don't think she'd stay on a pillow! I've heard that you can start using pillows when they start sleeping in a toddler bed.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son is two and still does not have a pillow.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son started using a pillow around 18 months. I gave him a really flat one... at first, he would push it aside or end up with his feet on it. He's 21 months now & finally got the hang of it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Aidan still doesnt use a pillow. But he has been using a blanket since he was 2 months old.
    punkeybutt

Answer by punkeybutt at 6:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008