My daughter has a rash all over her body including her face. It seems to get worse with heat. She is not running a fever and does not seem to be itchy. Any ideas as to what this could be?

Tracey23

Asked by Tracey23 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• allergic reaction to something like detergent or something? how old is she?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• some people are allergic to sunlight; I can't remember the name of it but my husbands grandmother has it. I would ask the doc even if you just call.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• How old is she? What kind of rash is she having? If it's like like spots, it could be heat rash...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Has she been on an antibiotic within the last few days? Sounds like a allergic reaction to something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• could be some type of atopic dermatitis, try aveeno baby wash and cream on her, it might help
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would have her checked out...just to let you know, I have an allergy to sun/heat...Just walking from my car into the store and my arms break out in welts...it's weird, It's only developed over the last couple years, but seems to get worse with time....once it's cleared up make sure you put some sunblock on (I wear SPF 70) and see if that helps...it helps me. good luck:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• heat rash, viral rash (like fifths disease no biggie), allergic reaction ???

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If the rash seems to be centered around her joints (wrist, ankles, elbows...etc) and moves like it's in one spot one minute and a few minutes later its in a different spot. Then it is an allergic reaction. If her cheeks are red along with her arms and have welt like bumps it could be 5th disease. But with no fever I'm leaning towards allergic reaction which can be minor or sever. Either way give her some Benadryl.  If her breathing starts to get labored go to the ER.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009