How much to be called a Working Mom?

Does working 1 day a week for 6 hours makes me a working mom or a SAHM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't mean to click Anon. Whooops! Here, let me fix that.
    WOW, LOL....1st Replier is"ignorant" and purposely mean and a coward to boot. No wonder they clicked Anon. Just ignore. People like that are jealous because they don't have the option to stay at home I guess. ??
    I would call myself a SAHM if it were me unless I began working 2 full days a week probably. That's just me probably. But it's true...you don't have to use the SAHM/WAHM label at all. We're all MOMS first! IMO
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• makes you a lazy stay at home with one shift mum
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would say you are a mom who works part time... I work three days a week, total of about 17 hours a week, I do consider myself a working mom, but I always clarify that I work part time.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ignore the first poster. They obviously are mentally disturbed. I would say you are a mom period. Why put SAHM or Working mom as a label? We are all moms and we all do what is best for our child. This put down the other woman because she stays at home or she works gets really old. My assumption is parents do the best they can and make decisions that they believe are best for their family. If it is worth it to you to work one day a week then go for it.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You are a mom who brings home a paycheck. I hate the labels. We're all moms, we all work. Some of us get a paycheck for it and some of us don't. The bottom line is that we're all moms and that's what matters most.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would say you work part time. I say, I am a SAHM, even though I bake and decorate cakes out of my home. Some months I have lots of orders and some months I have none. Depends on whats going on.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You are a mom who brings home a paycheck. I hate the labels.

I completely agree with that.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 4:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yeh, you are working at home and at your job and don't pay attention to the first poster who sucks canal water. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You are a working Mom, both inside and outside your house. Be proud of who you are.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't know, but it makes me jealous.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009