Potty Training?? When??? and HOW??

My lil girl is 13 months old. People keep telling me (older people) that I need to start trying to potty train her. She is not interested in the potty yet, besides throwing things in it. And she still wets during her sleep and nap etc etc. She just doesn't seem like she is ready to me... Maybe it is me. But what is a good age to start trying. I figured about 2years or a little before...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea r right 13 months is crazy it s ur decision ur her mom and only u knwo when she is ready i think 2 is just right
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The earliest I have heard was 18 months. My friend just potty trained her 22 month old and my son is pretty smart so we're going to try 18 months. She said it was easier training him closer to 2 than closer to 3 because she has 2 other kids that trained later. So we'll see what happens. You will be able to tell when your child is ready by signs they show.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yeah 13 months seem really early. Wait until she's ready, then it'll be a much easier process!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i started around 15 months. Just letting her see me go to the bathroom and telling her "this is where big girls potty" haha. She would sit on her potty and I would read her stories just to get her comfortable with the idea. She is now 24 months and isnt fully potty trained but very very close. She refuses to go #2 in the potty. I knew it would be a long process but I am trying to make it as gradual and easy for her as possible. And I know exactly what you mean by older ppl saying they should already be potty trained! My grandparents told me all of there kids were by 1 year.. whatever!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i was told 2 and if younger thats too young.....but 2 and older....
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 11:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We're working on a 3-day potty training plan by Lora Jenson where she says that the ideal age is 22 months. (If you want to do it in 3 days) You can do it earlier and spend weeks/months....
    We're on day 1, will keep you posted. (PS-he's 2-1/2 but I just got her e-book)

Anyway, 13 months, way too young, IMO, and most dr's. will tell you to wait until age 2. (What does your dr say, and then tell that to the people who are asking you. Doesn't that drive you crazy? As though it benefits THEM somehow....)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2009