am I making excuses or did anyone else struggle with disaplin while raising two babies alone... they were born 10 1/2 months apart and dad left when they were 1 and 2 years of age.

he was always high or gone after the kids were born. I did the housework the shopping, and took care of them pretty much by myself. I guess I picked my battles, I tried not to let them get away with to much but it was a very stressful situation before and after we split up. Maybe someone out there has gone thru the same thing?
My kids are 7 and 8 now and I'm now preggo with my third and my boyfriend can't stand my snotty children as he says. but really does nothing to step in either. just bitches at me afterwards for not doin it right or says I should smack them or spank them, he says I should ground them for wks or make them sit in their rooms for the whole day! I feel so stressed out, I can handle my own kids they are not naughty in public or at places while visiting. they do get mouthy when not gettin their way tho, and argue with me sometimes when told to do something, that's what he is talking about...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Poster.. cont...

when i try to explain to him about how I wanna handle it he says i'm making excuses for them. And that he will disaplin this baby 10000 times better then i do my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well first of all you sound like you really know how to pick the "good men". I would boot him out the door to.He sounds like he isn't nothing to write home about either. I don't give a rats ass who the hell you are you talk shit about my children and my parenting that where i draw the line you are out the door like the last ass was. That's my advice for you take or leave it. Not meaning to be rude but find a better man for know your 3 children to be around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• poster here

I wasn't asking for advice about him, we are fine, I was wondering if maybe I am making excuses about disaplining my kids. My boyfriend is good, doesn't use drugs or alcohol, and plays with my kids when he's here. I just feel like if he has a prob with the way the act he should say something instead of complaining about it to me. Like say to them "don't talk to your mom like that" if he feels they are being "snotty" to me.
    But instead he just says it to me later or brings other things to my attention that I would otherwise overlook. I appreciate the interest he takes in disaplin but feel he should do it differently then picking on me about it.
    Not like my ex and father of my other kids who could have cared less.
    Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• So what do you do for discipline? Anything? What do your kids do that your BF thinks is so awful? What are you asking us for....you didn't really give much information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Oh I give them time outs, take things away like the bikes, tv, games.
    They talk back is what he thinks is so awful, and they leave their toys in the yard or livingroom he hates that too...
    to me talking back is a stage and I give time outs for it
    they toys left around my bf picks up and throws above the stairs and won't give back...
    just kinda harsh to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009