Having trouble with my stepdaughter, please help!

Shes nearly three years. She has two brothers 4 n 6 and a sis, my daughter, of almost two. I see them every weekend since she was born. I would have thought that she would bond with me more, being that I am a woman and have always been around, but I was wrong. I swear she hates me. To the point where I just get stressed when I see her. She wont ever talk to or around me. I ask a question and she just stares. I am happy n nice but nothing changes. When I look at her and her sis to check on them, she drops everything, or gives it to her sis, n freezes. I have never disciplined her unfairly when it comes to her sister. They fight and they both get punished equally. I try so hard to bond with her, it never works. I try to do her hair or play dress up. Nothing. When she does get in trouble, I start talkin and she just balls. Its been a year since this started n i just want to give up. Her mom hates me, maybe thats it? Some advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It could totally be that her mom is putting things in her head..poor baby she is soo little to be going trough drama..and I'm pretty positive its her moms fault that she is that way with u..I say that because I've been there..I would tell my daughter not to like her dads wife, simply because I couldn't stand her or the fact that this OTHER WOMEN was trying to be mom to my daughter..my DD is now 12 yrs old, and is not allowed to visit dad because of her step-mom..whole different story, but I'm pretty positive its her mom telling her stuff about you..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

Anonymous

• What kind of mom is her mom? It kind of almost sounds like maybe a woman has been harsh with her and now she's afraid you will be too. Does she stay with a female babysitter that maybe has been rough on her? I would check into some things like that. Otherwise, maybe like anon said, her mom is putting ideas into her head about you, and that's going to be tough to fix. I wish you luck, though, and hope you can find a way to build a good relationship with her.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Either this child picks up on some negative energy from you that you are not aware of or mom has told her you are some evil witch to be afraid of. If mom is doing that then time will have to prove her wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009