Could I Possibly Be Pregnant? I Had My Tubes Tied Over 2 Years Ago!!!

last month my period came on really lite, i usually use ultra tampons for the first 5 days. i used regulars, and didn't even use them for more than the first 24 hrs of my 2 1/2 day long flow.
my tits have been sore for, oh my, going on 5 or so weeks, and have gotten bigger-noticeably. i've been queasy, and down right nauseous for the last 3 or so weeks, have been throwing up periodically when food doesn't agree. and i've been unusually sleepy- have a hard time getting up in the morning, and i am a morning person!!!
my SO said last weekend, that he thought i might be pregnant. the thought had crossed my mind, but i didn't take it seriously.
now i just got my period a week early, but no cramps. and its weird, like then end of a cycle... brownish, dried blood looking, with a little bit of pink... don't know what to think. my periods always start extremely heavy- its like a dam letting loose... WTH??? I'm freaked!

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 4:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i went through this & it ended being an hormonal inbalance. i had to go back on bc pills after my tubal because my body quit having periods & i was having reoccuring ovarion cysts. i would go to the dr & get checked out...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i thought about that too... i've heard nightmares about women having so many issues after a tubal. so far, the only problem i have had is with an extremely heavy flow, bordering on hemorrhage. and its been that way for almost 2 1/2 years now... its just really odd. and i'm totally freaked out.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Not to freak you out more, but my sister is a labor/delivery nurse and we were talking about options for me after if give birth to my 4th baby. She told me there was a lady who gave birth last week at her hospital who had her tubes tied. We were joking that that probably would happend to me because i got pregnant this time when i had an IUD in. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• it is possible!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It's EXTREMELY rare but still possible. In fact, one of my friends from high school has three children, then had her tubes tied and she recently found out she was pregnant with TWINS. she couldn't believe it-she had all the symptoms but pregnancy will still the last thing she'd ever have considered to be the culprit since having her tubes tied. If you are pregnant, you need to check with your doctor to make sure you don't have any complications. It's possible in this situation to have a tubal pregnancy, or a pregnancy that confines you to bedrest the whole time.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• this is what my SO has to say on the topic: "I think the human element here is that if presented with the choice to either prepare for a life/death adjustment or wait until the reality is both irrefutable and immediate, I would choose the former. Yes, your symptoms are in-line with a conception date in early Sep with immediate increased hormone levels: nausea, headache, swollen, tender breasts, and implantation at mid Sep: spotting. If you have a regular flow at the end of the month that would point to a false-alarm" only problem is, i pretty much only spotted last month- i got my "period" on the 25th of august (the day of my divorce hearing) and it was done by the 27th- i know first hand, five women who have conceived after a tubal, one of them still got her "period" and didn't find out until she was 4 months pregnant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009