During a marriage........................what do I do????

My hubby and I never spend any quality time together. I have tried to get him to but he said it is too much trouble because we would have a sitter for our four boys. Somethings have happened that have changed me and changed our relationship. I love my hubby. But things that bothered me three yrs ago just don't matter to me anymore. If he looks at another girl now I never pay any attention. lOL To my surprise he liked me better being needy, jealous, and up his ass 24/7. Even though he complained about it all the time. I did wanna be with him alot but that passed. I am just not sure how he wants me to be ya know??? What do I do??? we have been married for 10 years. Advice welcome!!

SouthernMOM1981

Asked by SouthernMOM1981 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It is very important to a marriage to have couple time.  If babysitting is an issue then do something at home, like snuggle up together and watch a movie, plan to have some of your favourite snacks and maybe some wine.  Or plan a romantic dinner for just the two of you after the kids have gone to bed.  Cultivating some common interests now will set you both up for a much more intimate relationship when the children are older.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you can find a sitter, and believe me, I know how hard THAT can be...set one up ahead of time and don't tell him.
    Then steal him away for a night out, even if it's just to the local drive through and a movie. If you live where you knew each other before you got married...go someplace you use to date. Even at someplace that you went umpteen years ago.
    Or even just a special dinner at home with the two of you after the kids are asleep...go through old photos and remember the days when you were so facinated with each other you couldn't sleep at night. I know we ALL had those times.
    My ex (of 22 yrs) and I went through those times as well, the 'I'm sort of bored with us' stuff. It's not easy, but you can do it.
    What about a camping trip with the kids...not knowing how old they are...but ours are 3 & 4...they love to camp. Even if it's just a day trip and sleeping on the bedroom floor in sleeping bags.
    Good Luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009