Dealing with difficult bosses

How do bad bosses secure their position without showing the discipline of getting there? This is a sincere question.

Money has been missing out of cash brought in from event sales. I suspect my boss. This leads to the question- How do bad bosses secure their position without showing the discipline of getting there?

I am the office manager, so I experience stress like anyone else. I just learned throughout my life to keep a lid on my emotions. So I wonder how bosses yell at their employees, lose documents, shed responsibilities, and then point fingers.

I don't have the audacity to go to the person and ask this question (or I maybe too frightened of the real answer).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh man, I have no clue/ I worked where I had a problem with my manager and the clinic manager. To make a long story short they were trying to make things happen to get people fired.they actually had me go into their weekly meetings so they would know if I was the one telling rumorss to the employee. The manager and a tech were good friends and the tech told me this. Made sense since I had never been asked to get in on there meetings before. Of course I am not stupid nor am I one to meddle in others business so it wasn't me anyway. My manager came right out and said the employees had better not mess with her because she would make sure everyone of them were fired and they did get people fired and moved to other clinics. The clinic manager screamed at me once in front of patients when I accidently left a salary sheet for a nurse on the fax machine. I lost any shred of respect for him then. Where is the professionalism?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• THis is a prime example of cronies that hire each other, because they know each other. Or if not, a transfer in from an unrelated department (so they skip the hardships of working their way up in the same department).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009