What kind of neighborhood do you live?

White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc Neighborhood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have deliberately moved into a very diverse neighborhood. Our public school we are zoned for has the same percentage of white students to black students. It has a high Asian population as well as 17% Hispanic. There is of course the "other" category. I talked to the principal who was able to give me the percentage of teachers who were African-American. That was important to me that he have that. All in all it is first academically AND the most diverse school in our state. Not bad. Plus it has a Montessori program when we are ready to go from private to our public school.  Since we have a trans-racial and multicultural family we made sure that our neighborhood reflected our family.  I know one family who does private b/c they are not comfortable with the racial make up of the school.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• human
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Residential mixed race neighborhood.

Answer by older at 5:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• A gated one...lol there are many races here Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, and native Alaskans.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• What difference does it make?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• white
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The city is Predominately white with a mix of hispanic and a bit of african american
    There are a few hispanics but I don't think any blacks in my neighborhood.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• are we now taking census here on CM? lol

mine is a neighborhood is full of families and people that are of all different kinds of races, religions and background. My street that I live on is predominately black but my neighbors on the right of me lives a family of Cubans, two doors down from me there is an elderly couple who are white, across the street a older couple who are Philippians and several other white families up and down the block.  We're a family that is made up of Asians and black members.  Now two or three streets up those blocks are mostly white but I have seen other colors there as well. What I consider a neighborhood is just not one street or block but several of them and that is why I can say I live in a racially mixed neighborhood.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• U DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT WHERE PEAPLE LIVE ! ! U JUST WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWNE PLACE AND NOT OTHERS ! ! ! ! ! IM NOT TELLING U ANY THANG ! ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Rural, white neighborhood.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 5:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2009