Has your 3-4 month old ever projectile vomited? (not spit up)

My dd projectile vomited twice last night. It was hours after her last feeding and A LOT more came out than the usual spit up...I freaked and took her to the ER where they tested her poop and xrayed her to make sure she didn't have any blockages. Everything came back normal and they said she probably just has a virus and to keep a close eye on her...it really scared me. Has anyone else's LO vomited like that so young?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, mine has. If you have her on formula it might be that. I know we had to switch ours a few time before she would stop spitting it up a lot and the on the regular emphamil (sp?) she would go all excersist like.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yes 2/3rds of my babies did that. they had reflux. Talk to your dr. changing formulas helped
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP HERE

she's breastfed so it can't be a formula issue...

thanks for responding though!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my boy did here and there, but not regularly. Doc said that if they have alot of gas built up, sometimes the food has nowhere to go, so when the do burp, the formula comes with it, just as fast.
    luckymommy406

Answer by luckymommy406 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2009