Do you have a bigger size preteen girl?

Do they have a store where you can buy clothes made for bigger size girls? Not necessarily husky, but I know a lot of girls who are built to be bigger have bigger waists but legs are not as long as a "junior" legs would be, have bigger chests (34-40) but have smaller cups, or have a small belly and it protrudes in the shirts that are sold in regular stores. Sometimes our preteens need these types of clothing when they are in that between stage where they have grown out but not grown "up" yet...anyone seen anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My lil sister is like that my she is short and chubby not fat just big build. This year for school they went to Areopostle and got some khaki pants for school in the jr, size and my mom just cut and hemed them as far the shirts she just bought boys shirts. Other then school clothes they shop at Catos they have cute plus size cloths that arent to slutty teen looking.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• American Eagle has really cut clothes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was like that as a kid (except I was already developed by then...I was a full C cup at 12, talk about embarrassing). No clue where to shop.
    I have the opposite problem with my 9yo. She's super small and skinny. She's 4' tall and 45lbs. She wants to be able to shop in the teen section but only wears a size 7 slim but only if they have an adjustable waist so I can cinch them up as much as possible. She can fit into size 5 shorts. It's crazy to shop for her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yah but do you know how hard it is on a young girl's self esteem to take her shopping in Plus size clothing? Humiliating for her...
    Ktbodin0479

Answer by Ktbodin0479 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't really know. My daughter is 7yrs old..And she wears a 7/8 pants and a 8 long sleeved shirt and a 8-12 tshirts
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My daughter is fixing to be 12 in Oct and she is 120 lbs . She is not huge but she is a bit pugy but I am a bigger size person myself. She dosent eat alot of junk food or alot of sugar i dont even have those things but because of the economy we dont have the best of diets ( ie: hamburger helpers witch i use ground turkey for instead, and sandwitches, and ramen ect ) as far as her clothing goes i have had to make myself go to the adult sid eof the store but get the smallest size in that area or even next to smallest. So adult XS or S.. as far as bras i just have her try them on and check them but atm she prefers sports bras witch do fit better for now ...... i have told her she cant stay in them forever.
    Velexxie

Answer by Velexxie at 9:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Penney's carries "plus" sizes that don't really seem to be "plus"... they're a bit more, how do you say, there? They're the exact same thing as the "regular" sizes and aren't in their own section, so it wouldn't be like shopping plus sizes. I would also do what ggiovanni said... buy junior size jeans, cut the legs down and hemthem if you sew... if not go to a tailor's shop. As for Tshirts... my lovey actually prefers the junior's tshirts because she has a longer torso.

My daughter's biggest problem is that she's got a GREAT figure at 11... very curvy, "baby's got back" kind of thing. Dad's already priming the Mossberg ROFL. We have to buy pants big and cinch the elastic in, or I have to sew darts into the back. We also have trouble with the legs because she does karate and gymnastics and is just not built like a "typical" tween.

I hope you can find something for your lovey that's wonderful and fits perfect!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 12:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You could try Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Torrid. Aero and AE carry relaxed-fit comfortable thing that wont squeeze the life out of you. Torrid is plus size juniors, though their smalls fit like a medium or large at a regular juniors store, they're just built for larger girls.

Hope this helps!
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 9:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Sears actually has a pretty decent selection of stylish plus-size clothing as reasonable prices. The plus are mixed in with the regular sizes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Sorry ladies but sears doen not carry much of a selection or "plus" clothing for girls.
    And JCPenney does carry more of a selection of plus clothing and they are in their own little section. However some of the same styles for regular girls sizes 7-16 carry over in plus size which start at 8 1/2 - 18 1/2 for pants and 10 1/2 - 20 1/2 for tops. Had to put this out there because I work at JCP. Prices are also excellent. BTW she should not have a problem shopping in the plus size section, alot of girls shop that section and love the clothes. Speaking from day to day responses, I work the childrens dept.
    hopeforacure

Answer by hopeforacure at 12:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2009