Even Obama has enough sense to not think racism is the motivating factor.

Why can't you? Is it because you don't have enough sense to see what he proposes in alot of his legislation, so its all you have to argue with?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• thanks. I don't have to read it because I for one didn't think ALL of what's being said about the direction our government is heading in had to do with race to begin with.

Common Sense - get some....it's free! (BTW, I'm not referring to you OP, just to people in general)
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I agree with this.  Thanks Carpy.

"President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism."

It drives me nuts, all the people who say if you don't like President Obama, it's because you are racist.  I'm glad he is wise enough to see the difference, even if some of his supporters cannot.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• clapping

Thank you. I am glad Obama can see this is not driven by race. It is really sad people feel they can not oppose Obama for fear of being labeled a racist. People should stop throwing that word around before it loses all substantial meaning.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well, one thing he did that I don't find stupid (not an Obama supporter). I hate hearing how those who didn't vote for him are racist though. I will gladly say I didn't vote for him because I don't agree with him in almost every area. This country turns everything into racism and guilt but it doesn't bother me. The race card can't be played on me lol
    irishangel710

Answer by irishangel710 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It's scary to think Obama has more common sense than the posters/responders who are constantly pulling the race card....and it's almost always the anonymous trolls, err, posters that do so! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He knows he had better not accuse the majority of the population of being racist. When you polarize that many people, you have lost any hope of having even small amount of support left. He still has to be the leader of the ENTIRE nation. The president leads all people regardless of race. We look to that person for that leadership. We speak out when it doesn't happen. When African-Americans spoke out against, most recently, Bush, no one screamed racist. There is no difference of any kind in any way. It is just smoke and mirrors to get us involved defending ourselves from this supposed horrible label and not focused on the UHC or stimulus bill. Well, call me everything but a child of God. I don't care, and I will not be distracted.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Critisms about health care reform aren't racist. Pisc of him as an African witch Dr. and comparing him to an African Lion ARE......

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• two seperate things, sweet. how many times are we accused of being racist on here for disagreeing with him?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

Never that I've seen...Insisting he's an islamic extremist, RACIST, Insisting he's Kenyan beyond all reasonable doubt RACIST ......
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009