Why is my baby so fair?

im white and the father is african american, but my daughter is so light she does nto even look mixed to me. I dont have a problem with it just wondering if she will stay pale or will she get more color over time

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my niece is biracial and looks white and will NEVER change. my kids are biracial too and my daughter is dark and my son is light. it just depends on the kid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• lots of mixed babies get their color over time. My daughter was born very very light but a month later was dark. My son is 11 months old now but still looks extremely light like me(I have red hair so my skin is pale). Their dad is very dark. My son just may be very light though. He has light brown eyes brown hair thats very curly. So, your daughter may get darker over time or it may never happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• depends on the kid, my son looks mxed but is light, one of his 1/2 bros is REAL light, and one darker
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Maybe hubby isn't baby daddy! Just kidding!! :) My daughter is very fair. My husband is hispanic and Im pale as anything, but she is very hair and has almost blond hair. Genes are amazing things...I've seen many mix babies that are very fair...They sure are pretty though :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my son is 25 percent black and he has blue eyes, and light hair right now.....his skin is really fair. He looked like his father more at birth than he does now. Imcurious to see if his hair texture changes and eye color. I think by the first few months you would know if your baby is going to be dark or not.... some get darker over the first couple years but you should have a good idea. if your baby is super white ...shes not going to change that much lol.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 6:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm half black and a lot of people can't even tell (see my profile pic). It's just the way the genetic dice rolls. I'm what they call passing, I look very white, lol! She will probably stay fair.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My 14 month old is biracial (black and white), and she looks like she is fully white. Her skin tone may never change. I just have to get used to the, "Is that your daughter??" questions! lol
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• even some black babies are born fair, it is because they don't have alot of melonin in their skin yet, either more will develope or she will stay fair skinned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• There are a few photos of Victoria on my profile page (bottom left), if you want to see what she looks like.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my nephew and niece are 1/4 mexican, 1/4 african american and 1/2 white. You would think they would both be pretty dark, but they are totally different! My nephew just turned 4 and has NEVER looked dark at all.. you would never know he's biracial at all. His sister looks just like the little Mexican babies with the dark hair, dark eyes, big head, and darker skin (no offense to anyone with a Mexican baby, my sister is 1/2 Mexican and she's the one who gives her the big head classification!)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009