i need help for my friend . .post partum depression

she moved to upstate IL from central IL in march while she was pregnant, she had her lil boy in early aug. she has a 3yr lil girl tht is her and then her boyfriends almost 2 yr old . . her bf works 12 hr shifts a day so shes with the three kids all day long . . they have no car due to it breakinb down . . same with her comp. she has no friends there and shes lonely and i dont know what to do i try to tlk to her as much as i can but i have work nd 2 kids so we sumtimes miss eachothers calls im goin to give her a parent hotline number nd im encouraging her to go to her doctor but i need to know if neone out there knows if there is anything tht could be of help in or around LaSalle, IL shes been my best friend for 13 yrs and i want to try to visit her as much as i can but unfortunetly its def. not enough . . . so if neone can help me help her it would be greatly appriciated thank you for your time

x3ashesx0

Asked by x3ashesx0 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Health

• See if you can find out if there is a home-visiting program for new moms, we have one through the local United Way/Family Centers. And Early Head Start may have a home visiting program, it's for pregnant moms or moms with children aged birth-three. I checked the Head Start website and it doesn't delineate whether the Head Start in LaSalle is for preschoolers or if they have the EHS option. Just having someone checking in on her would be good. Try to be sure that she does hook up with her doctor though. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Keep a close Eye on her! She's Lucky to have you! I never felt Well after the birth of my first DD. After my second DD I was so depressed! Just so much went wrong EWtc.. I had NO Family, Friends, anyone to care or even a adult conversation! Even a quick call or email can help her! I'm so glad she has you!! Its hard to smile with tears in your eyes but we do it & try to go on. I hope she can get some Help & Care! Since my DD's were born they got to only once in their entire lifetime stay over night at their Grand parents'. My in law's! I had no Family since I was a stolen baby. So most of their lives thery never had ever a baby sitter or did I get out!! Until they were grown teens!! So I hope she can get some Care,. A helping hand . Someone to listen.. Etc.. Best of Luck to her & Kind caring you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009