why is my 2 month old screaming all the time?

He was so calm and docile and quiet a few weeks ago and now he screams just about all day. Whats wrong with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try reading The Happiest Baby on the Block.

you should also youtube it. the author has a demonstrated some of his techniques on a few different shows.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He might be colicky. :-( I hope not for your sake. My 2nd born was. There are some great groups on cafemom that give suggestions and help for a baby with colic. Also, doctors are learning a lot about it and can give medicine in many cases. If this keeps up be sure and ask your doctor.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Colic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He might have colic , there is really not much you can do but waited it out, while cuddling, but if you fold the baby in a blanket, and wrap him like they did at the hospital, tight bundle, remember he was inside of you in a tight spot, he will feel more secure this way, try it!

Answer by older at 6:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• babys go through a stage where they scream to let it out built up energy bc they cant run and walk my 5 month old is going through it right now he screams and laughs lol
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sounds like colic. If he does not appear ill and has regular feedings, it is almost certainly colic. It's very common. Ask your ped about what you can do to adjust and make him feel better. Colic goes away-don't worry :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Maybe he has gas or maybe constipated?
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• All babies are different but all of them need to have a cry once in a while. In general(from what I've read) babies have a fussy time every day that increases and peaks at about 2-3 months of age.

My first baby was colicky so I didn't notice a gradual build up but so far with my second baby I definitely see it.
    Most of the time a good poop or a good toot session helps her calm down. Sometimes she just needs to scream for a little bit and then she's fine.

It's probably just a phase, a crappy one, but it will pass. Hang in there :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Maybe colic. Or maybe constipated?? I know there were a few days Grace was constipated and she would just scream out of the middle of nowhere.
    gracesmom09

Answer by gracesmom09 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My son did that for awhile. He was a grouchy baby, lol. I found that swaddling and holding him a lot helped. Of course that didn't always make him entirely happy but it did help and I was able to keep my sanity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009