Baby Shower location help???

I don't want a traditional baby shower. So instead of going somewhere to do gifts, games, decorations, etc. I plan on going to eat at a restaurant. I don't want anything expensive because my fiancee's family can't afford it. I was thinking of a restaurant with a banquet(party) room that we could reserve in advance. And $10 per person at the max to eat. Any Ideas? Has anyone done this before? Oh its also Co-ed. I live in Nashville, TN.

gbj2b

Asked by gbj2b at 7:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a surprise baby shower that kinder garners did for me,in the class :) i also had one in the office and a huge one at church,but i never heard you had to pay,i didnt pay for one thing.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My sister is planning it, but she has three kids of her own and can't really afford a lot. That's why I want to do it at a restaurant so she doesn't have to pay. Everyone can just pay for themselves.
    gbj2b

Answer by gbj2b at 7:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ask the manager (like at a TGIF or Olive Garden) for a set menu where everyone gets to choose from 3 items on the menu and they all pay the same ($15 with tax n a drink). Enjoy!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2009