When could your baby point to body parts?

when did your child know his ear, toes, mouth and nose? My son is already doing this but I was curious how far ahead he is. We have the your baby can read dvd's and I think he's really picking things up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• started at a year and actually knew everything by 15 mos. Idk when they are supposed to know this stuff, but that is when she did it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• mine was also about 1. Easy ones maybe a little sooner.. harder ones by 14 mos or so
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My baby never could. My toddlers were starting to do it before about 13 months.

Good luck helping your kid to REALLY learn to read later instead of memorizing the way words look. Too bad he's not learning phonics, the right way to read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my DD knows every things from hair , teeth, belly button, knees, muscles, by the time she was 15 months
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 7:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Actually anon, my son will be reading 3rd grade level by the time he is 5 with this program, why are you bitter about it? Could your kids not read at all? Maybe you should do some research on this program before you open your mouth. Yes, initially they memorize words, but that is not what the whole program is all about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• whoever thought drama was going to be created by a parent teaching there parent to read?? wow
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• About 13 months. the very first one he learned was his bellybutton :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Yeah I don't get it...some people just need Jesus in their life!! Church is tomorrow people...get some!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Actually there was an article in Parenting Magazine about the Your Baby Can Read and from what I remember it says that children who used it had a more difficult time reading in school. Maybe not all, but a lot.

I don't have experience with it so it could be a wonderful program. Just thought I would put that out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was acually thinkin about gettin it for my little sister who is now 6 and has a hard time paying attention in school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009