Stretch Marks.... Does cocoa butter really work?

I have old stretch marks I want to go away and i'm pregnant and I don't really want to get to many new ones....
anybody know 1st hand of anything that's get rid of them and keeps them away?

janeenee

Asked by janeenee at 7:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom did get any and put cocoa butter and vitamin E oil on constantly, I used just cocoa butter every day if not 3 times a day and got one on my boob (the place I didn't put any on). I really think it is more genetic... I do have a friend who got them the first time but not the second time! Cocoa butter won't hurt at all and I used Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. It has cocoa butter and vitamin E
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Not for me. I have them all the way up to my ribs. I used it three to four times a day and still got it bad. Good luck.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 7:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Some people swear by it. Some people say it doesn't make a lick of difference. I tend to agree with those in the latter category, but I do apply lotion almost every day just to keep the itching down and *perhaps* the stretch marks.

I agree though that it's probably more genetic than anything.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ....Regardless, my kids are worth all the stretch marks in the world! :)
    fluud7

• i used cocoa butter for my first child and the stretch marks went away and for my second child i didnt get any stretch marks...i think they are just genetic more than anything......but the cocoa butter would help a bit
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 10:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It doesn't work. It's a genetic thing. You can stay hydrated and try not to gain too much weight to avoid them the best you can, but that's about all you can do. I did lotion my belly, but that's because of the itching. All of that stretching makes you skin itch (it loses a lot of moisture, which is why it itches, and why you want to stay hydrated). Water will keep it moist from the inside, which is where the stretching occurs, but the lotion will only penetrate the outer layers of the skin (most of which are dead anyway).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I've also heard that sea buckthorn lotion is good. I'm trying that, shea butter, coco butter, firming lotions, aloe, and anything else I can get my hands on that is all natural.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2009