Do you want planned parenthood in the schools?

Under an innocuous-sounding section titled "School-Based Health Clinics," H.R. 3200 will authorize Planned Parenthood, as a "sponsoring facility," to run a clinic during school hours on the grounds of public schools, with absolutely no accountability either to parents or school administrators.
Clinics would be accountable only to the Secretary of Health & Human Services, the radically pro-abortion Kathleen Sebelius, who was a fervent supporter of late-term abortionist George Tiller.

All this will be done at taxpayer expense. And unlike the rest of the bill, which isn't slated to go into effect until 2013, these clinics are scheduled to go into schools next fall.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What blog did you steal this from?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• does it matter? read the bill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• No where in there does it say ANYTHING about Planned Parenthood! Stop rading whatever right wing site your getting this crap from

Additional
    6 services, which may include oral health, social,
    7 and age-appropriate health education services,
    8 including nutritional counseling.

ooohh scarey, a DENTIST!! and NUTRITION SERVICES!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• does it matter? read the bill.

YES, it does!! You are feeding into FEAR TACTICS

sweet-a-kins

• Just the facts.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ABSOLUTLEY!!! I DO NOT THINK THAT IT SHOULD BE ON SCHOOL GROUNDS BUT I THINK THAT PLANNED PARENTHOOD PROGRAMS AND LEAFLETS SHOULD BE PLASTERED ALL OVER ALL SCHOOL THOUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES!!! The teen pregnancy rate is increasing and when i was in high school the nearest planned parenthood was an hour away and no one knew about it, that it was free and they wouldn't tell your parents!!!

Also face it, it is on a sliding fee, most people don't pay anything, the state and feds already pay for it--with tax money duh
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Even if this is not a true bill, I would have no problems with having a planned parenthood in my child's public school to offer health services to him or to other students.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• So Blue Glass you are okay with your daughter going to a PP clinic to get tested for gonorrhea and them not having to inform you?

Thank God for private schools! I am more than happy to shell out the money for private school!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• That is a flat out non-truth that the anti-healthbill base are spreading (I said that because it is not only conservatives, and it is not all conservatives). Read that part and this is not true. Same as the "death panels" were not true. I am not calling you a liar, just wanted to be clear on that point.

We need to be factual about why the healthcare bill will fail or succeed. The time has passed for using un-truths to try and frighten people or question their moral standing by supporting or being against the bill.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 8:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Just the facts.

No facts, it wasn't THERE!!!! Show me your source?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009