What is a good laptop for internet, saving pictures, music and gaming under $1,000?

I hve a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334. I got it Jan or Feb of 2007. It has gone through alot. My daughter has spilled Coffee on the keyboard. It has been infected with viruses, its been hit, and dropped which was more recent. Now the screen is shattered and i cant see much when i type or play games. There is black splatter all over the screen and i need a new laptop. Should i buy another Toshiba if so what kind? I dont want a Dell or HP. I hate them with a passion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hp g60-247cl notebook pc it has a webcam and dvd/cd burner and it was only $598+tax at sams club
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ok i said no HP. And not everyone has a membership at Sams Club.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I love my Dell inspiron 1525. It has a lot of memory and works well. I don't really like the Vista, but what are you going to do?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i am the OP- I hate Vista, and what you can do is tell them you dont want it but you want Windows XP. you are allowed to do that. Thanks but i dont like Dells and HP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• after shopping around myself, and talking to the service guys at the local game shop, I bought an ACER. they are the best bang for your buck right now. I got mine on qvc.com (yes, where the old people shop on tv)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OP- if you liked your Toshiba .. its a no brainer id think.. but i hate pc's period i love my mac
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We have 2 Dells. They have always worked fine. I'm sorry you don't like them. We have a Toshiba, an HP, and a MacBook too. I like the Dell the best. It is the easiest to use and the most comfortable to type on. I don't know what to tell you then. We kind of have the cambit in my house between work laptops and personal laptops.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had an inexpensive Compaq Presario, around $500, from Best Buy. It was awesome. I say was, because pretty much all you described above happened to mine. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I had the money. Less expensive is better I think, especially if you have kids that can damage it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ummmm I have a Dell and love it.. if you go to best buy they have a decent selection for under $1000 and offer a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out in (I believe) November. I hate Vista too but my boyfriend had an advance copy of Windows 7 and its a lot like XP.. I used it for the week I was visiting him and LOVED it
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Oh, check out Overstock.com. They have a bunch on sale right now.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2009