my baby's activity level has dropped BIG time today..?????

she's still movin a little bit..i did the kick count thingie and she made it to about 12 in an hour but each movement was very faint and small compared to how she usually is.. she usually moves tripled that amount... and its usually a big sharp blow not these little twinges and tiny jerks i can hardly notice....
I've also been getting a few sharp pains here and there in my pelvic area and sometimes it feels like shes trying to push my hip bones apart! and then this mucussy dischare thats been going on for the past day (lootss of it) it all just seems so freekin weird... i dunno could it just be her getting ready for the big day?

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you're concerned, go to the doctor! When I was 36 weeks 1 day I didn't feel my son move. I tried everything: Pepsi, chocholate, ice cold water, orange juice, and NOTHING! I went to the doctor and of course, as soon as I was hooked up to the monitor, he was kicking me like crazy! It was nice to know that he was all right!

By the way I went into labor at 36 w 6 days!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It could just be the position she's in. My baby will have "lazy" days and move enough to know he's okay, but they'll be smaller movements and less frequent than normal. Dr. says it's normal as long as the kick count is fine. Plus, if you're coming down with a cold that can slow baby's movements, too.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You're probably losing your mucus plug and starting the very early stages of labor with some contractions. They may even just be Braxton Hicks, but call your doctor.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• if you are concerned go to the dr but when i was prego woth my son i had a day like that and got worried when i went in everything was fine and the dr said babies have lazy days just like you and me but said it's better to be safe then sorry
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The further along you get, the less the baby moves, because of the lack of space. Babies also have days they just want to relax. The pressure on your hips sounds like she's moving down into position. It could very well be that your baby and your body are getting ready for labor. The discharge sounds like your mucus plug (which does not indicate labor anytime soon. Sometimes it's a few hours before labor, sometimes a few weeks). If you are concerned, call your doc. But as long as your baby is moving, I think she's fine. Good luck!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2009