Outer Space Birthday Party Ideas for a 4 year old?

My son is turning 4 In October, we are on a budget and he wants an outer space party. I made the invitaions to look like saturn, but does anyone have any other ideas? It is in my back yard if it is nice enough out. ANY ideas would be fabulous!

ShellieBear

Asked by ShellieBear at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get a big box. like refridgerator box, and cover it with tin foil and make it into an alien robot, or into a spaceship, need alot of foil!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• if you have a climber or playscape you can make it into the space station. Have the kids make and decorate space helmets out of.... whatever you can find around the house, maybe some paper mache ones you make ahead of time? Do a scavenger hunt for aliens, planets, spaceships, etc.. Look at resale places for a mini moon bounce (I got one off craigslist for $25 that holds 5 kids) or look into renting one, they're not incredibly expensive.. let ya know if I think of more
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Thanks! These are awesome so far! Maybe we will make the hats and do a spaceship. I'm on the prowl on CL too!
    ShellieBear

Answer by ShellieBear at 9:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Go to local ice cream place Baskin Robins etc. ask for the round cardboard containers that they put the ice cream in. Cut a square out of one side and let the kids decorate them to be space hemets. We did this in my preschool class...it was a huge hit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009