I dont get it--Christian sisters please help me---

God gave us free will, then what is the point? What is the point of praying for someone to stop being so cruel? Why bother? My heart breaks when I see the bad choices made. God can't change it so why bother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Exactly!!! Welcome to Paganism... now you can just relax and be yourself. Bottom line is are you your own destiny, you are your own strength, you are in charge of your own actions... now you are free!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• thanks my Christian sister, just what I need right now, an overbearing pagan telling me I am wrong. I don't get the cruelness of humankind. I couldn't be a pagan, I just can't be that mean to a person feeling down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Prayer is not to stop someone's actions. It is not meant to heal bodily wounds, only spiritual. God doesn't make things happen or not happen. you are exactly right that people have free will. That being said, belief in God, or any other heavenly being that you may beleive in, helps to give you the strength to get through trials and tribulations. I firmly beleive that you are not given more responsibility that you can handle, so take a deep breath, find your inner peace, and take on the challenge!
    ShellieBear

Answer by ShellieBear at 8:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Well here in lies the problem. You are concerning yourself too much with others. The whole point of a Christian's relationship with their God is to work on themselves and make themselves a better individual through God. NOT to try to make others better. If someone asks for your counsel then advise them as best you can but their life is their own you cannot make their decisions for them.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• didn't know you were Christian Kristi
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm not but that doesn't mean I can't weigh in with my own perspective based on what I have learned about the Christian belief. Do you have a problem with that?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• God can change it. He won't directly come in and make anyone do anything - but what He will do is place His word in their path so that at every turn they are being shown God. He can soften their heart, quicken their ears and clear their vision so that they will feel His invitation, hear His word and see His hand in their life (this IS God answering that prayer of yours). If a person does not turn from their ways it is not because God has not honored your prayers, it is because that person is making a choice. Remember that when you can do nothing, pray. Give them to God, but fail not to pray for His will, His presence, His mercy and hand in their lives. Remember, just because you can't see an immediate change does not mean that God is not working. Remember that little song:" He's still working on me. To make me what I oughta be... How loving and patient He must be. He's still working on me."
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Do you have a problem with that?
    __
    yes

as pagans and atheist tend to have a problem with a Christian weighs in on a pagan question. yesterday a girl said she doesn't want God brought into her question and when God was brought in she called those mom freaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• thanks pacemyself, I can only pray God will do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Have I ever stated I had a problem with Christians weighing in on questions, NO so long as they are respectful. Now if a Christian came into a pagan/atheist question telling us we're going to hell etc then YES I would have a problem with that But I see no where in my first response where I was being rude, disrespectful, or insulting to the Christian belief. If I had you could have a problem with it. Since I didn't, Get over it!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2009