i'm sad...

my mom gave me a baby shower today and we invited about 20 ppl and only 6 showed up. i feel really bad b/c we had 30 cupcakes and 24 thank you bags with candy in them. it was mostly ppl from my work who didn't show up. why the heck are they so nice to me at work and acting like they actually care, when they really don't? alot of these ppl said they were going to be there too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• BUT DONT LET THEM KNOW THAT .THEM NOT SHOWING UP MADE YOU UPSET,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My shower ended up the same way... sorry hun.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 8:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that. I know how disappointing that is. I threw a surprise bday party for my husband once and like 5 people came - and they came LATE. It was embarrassing, to say the least.

Try to think positively. Perhaps several people had an emergency situation come up or some other thing that HAD to take priority. And besides, now you get to eat all those cupcakes! :) Ok, I know that's not very encouraging. But just be thankful for your mom throwing you a shower and focus on those sweet people who DID come to congratulate you!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• im sorry i had 2 baby showers one down here for his family and one up north with my family at the one here with his family.. 2 ppl came his mom and my SIL felt like crap, then the one my mom threw i had like 17 so i know how you feel hun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Mine did too :( My whole family showed up but not one friend:( Dont take it to heart. Im sure no one actually was doing it to hurt you.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry. Something similar happened to me at my bridal shower. I had all of my family there so that made up for it, but I invited everyone from work and none of them showed up. They always acted like they liked me so I didn't understand. Then when I was pregnant with my son, they wanted to throw me a baby shower. Well then they got mad because I never got ahold of them and told them when I wanted to have it or anything. Why would I want them to throw me a baby shower and how would I know anyone would show up? I spared myself that embarrassment. Don't let it get you down though. If they invite you to things like that just don't go.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Sorry. I am sure it was not meant to hurt you. You *should* celebrate your baby. Be happy-in a couple of months you will have someone that you are going to love way more than anything else in the world. It's a blessing-really. In a couple of months, this will mean nothing and you will be so in love with your new baby. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• sometimes people can be unintentionally cruel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• oh that stinks! just remember that they might have young kids, and viruses are going around. if that helps you not be too sad. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• op here~thanks everyone that really helped :*)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009