how can i get my 10 month old back to sleeping thru the night ???

my boystarted sleeping thru the nite at just about a month or 2 old. he just got over being sick. hs been cutting teeth and having gas probs. i think we got it under control now but how can we get him back 2 sleepin thru the night? ive tried feeding him the same times and just let the rest fall into place, but not working. right now his nitetime is bout 3 oclock. how long of naps should he b taking ??? how long between naps??? can it b his diet ??? is there easier solution 2 cure his gas ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mylicon has worked well with my kids for gas. I just give it to them before bedtime. As far as getting him to sleep through the night again: I breastfed all my kids. When I would go in at night when they were crying, I would have to feed them to get them to settle down. My husband started going in their room and comforting them. After 2 days they were back to sleeping through the night!!! It has worked great for us.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Make sure your baby has a good filling dinner a couple of hours before usual bedtime (even try cereal) and then a bottle/breastfeed just before he usually crashes for bed.
    blondie1973

Answer by blondie1973 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Mylicon is a wonderful thing.. we used it before bedtime. If he's having a hard time staying up until bedtime then you could try giving him another nap. Say from 3-5? My daughter does that a lot, she'll be SOOO tired around 3:30 that she needs to go to bed, but I always make sure to wake her up before 5 so that she will go back to bed at a reasonable time. It may take a little readjusting and figuring out what works best, but finding a good routine and sticking to it is your best option. Don't worry, it will happen again!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My 7 months old doesn't sleep after 3.30 pm. she is good and tired at 7.30 and out for the night. I give her dinner not too long before she goes to bed, she has a nice warm bath and then straight to bed.
    A 10 month old should probably be sleeping 2 naps a day, but some only sleep 1 time. A rule of thumb is that anynaps after 2-3 pm, depending on the age, will ruin the night sleep. Good Luck
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009