God does work in amazin ways doesn't he?

I am sitting here contemplating some very personal problems. I am ready to burst in tears. As I sit meditating and trying to move on I hear a bird. The most annoying bird possible. I have never been annoyed by birds but this one had a purpose to get my attention and wouldn't let up.

I look up and there is a red bird(cardinal) chirping away. I looked at the bird and it quieted down. The bird sat and looked at me until I was able to find peace. I am not sure why the bird calmed me, but it did.

Why would this bird just look at me? Why would the bird wait until I was calm? Why won't these problems go away? I don't know.... but God knows.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Be Still and know that He is God! God can and will use anything He pleases for His purpose. I think God is working all things out for the good as He declares. You can't see it yet because you are in the midst. Walk by Faith and spend time with Him in prayer. ((HUGS))!!!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Be still and know that He is God. That's was my very first thought when I was reading your question. Sometimes we get so caught up in the questions, the prayers, the talking to God that we forget to be still and let Him answer. Read 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Oh he definitely does!

A few weeks ago I was a worried, very worried that my son had autism. I mean worried where I was looking at EVERYTHING my son wasn't doing, rather than what he does do. I was in tears one day. I put everything into God's hands. I put all my worrying to him. I said to myself, when my son wakes up from his nap, I'm going to just watch him.

When my son woke up, he just did everything that he wasn't doing before! He started babbling like crazy. He was looking right at me. He was completely interacting with me. The next day, he started clapping. A couple days later he was dancing.

I know this is just a little problem to most, but to me, I was really, really upset. And I know that God helped me get through it and realize that my son is just fine! And now, all I focus on is what he is doing and not what he isn't doing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• what a wonderful story anon:57 thanks for sharing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• He knows your pains, your sorrows and your joys...my friend...He knows you inside and out. Don't you worry about a thing. He IS on your side.

I pray that you are well and your sorrows are diminishing as you understand that He will not let you fail...
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 9:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my son, I was bleeding every few days, I was about 4 or 5 months and my OB saw my ultrasound and my placenta was bleeding and she told me that theres a 75% chance that I'll lose the baby. I got another ultrasound the following week and I prayed like I never prayed before, still bleeding but not as often. I continued to pray, the following week another ultrasound, the doctor said that my ultrasounds are weird because the new one shows no sign of it ever bleeding and I never bled again. I firmly believe that my prayers and faith in God saved my baby.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I am so thankful that God sent one of His creatures to minister to you. He cares for us each in unique ways, why not a bird?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Got to point out, sweetie, he has never done anything that dazzled me, so, NO, god isn't amazin'.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2009