If I'm dieting/hubby's family bday

I'm dieting and I rather stay home, ride my bike and excercise. Is it so wrong to stay home while my husband goes to his brothers birthday party if I think I'll have a hard time not eating almost everything of what they have. I'm sure it would have been hard to resist. :(

My husband and I had an arguement about another issue. He won't care that that was part of the reason but for myself what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh, My Gosh....I just remembered the last time we went my hubby drank so much he started arguing with a guest there too. Another reason I did tell him before your other arugement is that I'm not going because of that. If I go he will have a disgisnated driver and he has 5 kids with him including the baby. If I dont' go he won't have me to drive him so he can't drink. I'll text my son and ask if he is drinking so I can go get them instead. Would you do that? He really made me made arguing and pointing fingers at that other man's face. ERRRRRR!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I think its pretty crazy Not to go just because you are on a diet.....There will ALWAYS be temptations around. You just have to learn what you can and cant eat and if there is nothing you can eat, then just have water You can always eat when you get home (or before)
    aussiesma

Answer by aussiesma at 8:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• You are going to snub family because you are on a diet and don't know how to resist the food? That is a pretty poor excuse to use. Just go and learn how to eat in moderation. It is ok to cheat or fall off the wagon once in a while. Are you just going to lock yourself in your house because you might be tempted to eat foods that aren't on your diet? Gimme a break, just go and have fun and stop worrying about possibly eating unhealthy foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009