Any suggestions for soft meals (Other than jarred foods) for my 10 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried making your own baby food?
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Homemade oatmeal, I get the instant one, (the regular rolled oats are just too big and hard) and cook it one the stove with water, add some butter and a little milk when its done. Sprinkle with a tad bit of sugar and you are in business. A healthy meal and it fills you up for a long time.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Steamed veggies (the frozen ones that steam in the microwave) with pasta and/or meat, casseroles ( I like to make rice casserole with rice, cream of chicken soup, california veggies, and cheese), eggs and toast, pancakes, there are soo many!! I give my 8 month old pretty much everything besides peanuts, popcorn, and tough meats and she just gums it all, no problems!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 8:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• ohh good question i am wondeering too. some things i ahve tried are mashed potatoes pasta well cooked and waffels
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• At that age, just give him some of what you're eating. Dice it up into decent pieces (big enough to pick up, small enough to chew) and fix a plate for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• pasta.....mashed potatoes.....steamed veggies.....soft fruit(the ones in the plastic cups) hot dogs cut up small....cereal that gets soft in milk fast....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Almost anything that you eat. Just dice it up. One of my dd's favorite things to eat is peas. She feeds them to herself while I feed her the less pick-up-able stuff. She has always refused baby food. I see above about oatmeal. My dd shares the same bowl that I eat & we put raisins in it. Some babies can handle more adult food, some need more time to get used to it. Just give baby the same dinner that you're eating & try it.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Go to the homemade baby food group or www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• A few fast foods that I am giving my 10 month old are chicken nuggets cut up, a slice of lunch meat cut into little pieces, canned veggies like peas and carrots (diced carrots), beef hot dogs cut in strips then diced. It also does make a difference how many teeth your child has. Mine has 6 already so she is eating a lot of things. Also Kix cereal is a good breakfast or snack.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 1:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009