Which trainer cup it is the best for baby 6 months o more?

My 8 months baby refuses to take bottle, sippy cup, and I am thinking to try a cup without valve.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go ahead and try it. My 7 month old daughter has been drinking from a regular cup, since she was 4 months old, with help of course. My oldest did the same. We have never used sippy cups in my house. They are just an extended bottle/pacifier, in my opinion. My oldest was holding and drinking out of the cup by herself by the time she was 13-14 months old. It is possible.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Have you tried one of the straw cups? My niece only took those once she stopped taking a bottle.

Also, you might want to get a cup w/ a different flow before going to one without a valve. We used Advent and I loved them because they had all the different "nipples" for the different ages and stages.
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 8:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my son LOVES the nuk sippy cups if that doesn't work maybe try a sippy cup with a straw?
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• get a NUBY cup. the top of it is the same material as a bottle nipple but it's a sippy cup
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• my 7 yr old liked the cups with straws. I am starting my 6 month old right now on the nuby soft spout with no valve. she doesnt seem to have a problem with it but youll have to hold it for them for a while so they dont spill. cuz they arent spill proof.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We use a Camelbak for our son, and he loves it! He doesn't quite get the tipping thing with a cup, but we're also using a Born Free cup, which works well, too. The Camelbak doesn't leak, though.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009