CHRISTIANS! is there a bible verse you reflect on while you feel depressed? CHRISTIANS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a Bible book - Psalm 91
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• "For me to live is Christ and to die is Gain! " - This is it because it reminds me to die in the flesh and that is how I gain by learning to live by faith (Spiritually trusting God). Or Also depending on what's going on "Die is Gain" I focus on the day I will be with the Lord in Heaven and how beatuiful that will be with no more sorrow.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I feel compelled to ask... why do you always post asking ONLY for Christian's point of view? When you post this:

CHRISTIANS! (insert question here) CHRISTIANS! it means you don't want anyone else to answer. How are you ever going to grow if you don't welcome other opinions? It also comes of rather nasty. JMO.

As for the answer to your question, I am NOT christian, but my favorite Bible quote to reflect on when I feel upset or depressed is "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" it's Phillipians 4:11. It reminds me that in every emotional state, there is beauty and something to learn from.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Okay Sister here is my advice in addition. You need to Let all that's on your plate go by putting it in God's plate in prayer - Release it to Him. Meanwhile, eat healthy meals, take supplements that will help you B12 , Omega 3, St. John Wort (see a nutritionists) and get some good daily excerise. Take some long walks at the beach, lake, park, etc. , plug in your ipod with Christian music and then hang out with mature spiritual sisters the love the Lord.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I feel compelled to ask... why do you always post asking ONLY for Christian's point of view?

I don't. Today I did because I wanted to talk to others that hold a similar belief. I didn't want the debate so to speak. Today is not the day for spiritual growth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Ps 30:5b

Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Psalm 139 All of it-Where can I go from the Lord's presence? No where, He is everywhere protecting, loving, and holding me. 

Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Romans 8:28 And we know that all things (which things? Just the good things? no, the bad things, sad things, terrible things, too....ALL things) work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (because there IS a purpose, we may not know it yet, but there is one.)

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• For me it is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" It reminds me that God is in control and He has the best planned for me.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have a few . . .
    "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable." Isaiah 40:30

"Fear not, for I [am] with you; Be not dismayed, for I [am] your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'" Isaiah 41:10

"I, [even] I, [am] He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." Isaiah 43:25
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2009