Would you want to get a DNA test of you child? WQhat if you were merried would you still do it??

I am in a tangle! I am married and I have 2 kids. I wanted to know who my DD father was? I only been with 2 men when I found out i was pregnant with my DD. Now I am married and my husband doesn't want me to take the DNA test to see if both men are the father.. He has been their from day 1.. What should I do? Should I just leave it alone and let my husband continue on playing the dad role or take the test and see if #1 or #2 is the real father? my husband is not the real dad of my 2 kids... Please Be nice!!!

Linsigirl26

Asked by Linsigirl26 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd leave it alone but that's just me.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• person who wrote that....^ Sorry I messed up on the title...
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• why would u leave it alone would u want to know for your childs sake???
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• As PP said, I'd leave it alone. Your husband may no be the real dad, but he's the dad now and as long as he's there for them, and loves them no matter what, why take that away from him? It takes one special guy to not want to know and still love those kids as if they were his own!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Do you want your hubby to be their daddy? Is that who he is to them? If so, I would just leave it be. If they want to find out when they are older, they can.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I know when they get older what do u think they will say to me...((i hate u-for not telling me and it was all a lie...))) i can't go throu that..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I want my DH to be the dad but he's not the real father and he told me to do whats best 4 the kids...no matter what!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I guess deep down I'd want to know who the biological father is. Do these 2 men know that they could be fathers? Do your kids call your husband dad? Its a sticky situation, but extra love in a kids life can't hurt. He can have a biological dad and a step dad or even an adoptive dad if the biological father does not want to be in their lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Oh I forgot to add, I would do a DNA test and afford the biological dad a chance. But that doesn't mean your husband has to step out. That is just what I would do though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I love my husband too much to leave him out.. I told him he is still the father it's just that the real fathers now know they have a child.. Now I told the fathers that one is the father of my DD and one is my DS.. If you want to be in this 100% let me know! Ok I told them and my DS father told me he is not the dad and will never be because of him being ADHD.. sad! now my DD's father is going to pay only.. not be in her life cause i'm in a relationship with another man!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009