Potty Training a 3 year old

Alright so heres the problem, my 3 year old will NOT potty train. Ive tried everything, her 6 year old sister has even tried to get her to go when she does. All she does is say " its broken" idk what to do. Also i have a 6 year old who still goes to bed with pull ups cuz im scared she will wet the bed at nite but she doesnt pee in the pull ups, im scared that if i take the pull ups away she will end up peeing the bed at nite. please help

sicilianmum1215

Asked by sicilianmum1215 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she isn't trying, she isn't ready. Don't push her. Just work with her. Buy her some fancy panties (Let her pick them out) and just quit using the pullups. You probably will have quite a few accidents to clean up but eventually she will understand if she pees in her pants it isn't fun. As long as she is wearing the pullups she can pee in her pants and barely feel it. You seem too paranoid, you still put your 6 year old in pullups because you're afraid she will wet the bed? Are you serious? That is why your youngest won't potty train. Quit being afraid of accidents (They DO happen, even once a child is fully potty trained.) you just clean it up and go about your business.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I can understand your dilemma I have a son who will NOT potty train- the only difference is He is my only child. Like she said, expect accidents- it is yucky but a stage we can NEVER skip though. hugs for your frustration, I am there right now!
    LSmomof1

Answer by LSmomof1 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• try putting her in real underwear something cute , lacey. or with charaters she likes. during she might not want to get those wet. and tell her to tell you when shes got to go potty
    to let you know and youll take her. then praise her . show her your proud of her. you can reward her with stickers. andat night put her in pull-ups that way the bed stays dry. and maybe she wont like waking up feeling wet. but make sure she goes potty before bed. GL
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Your three year old will let you know when she's ready. We're waiting around here, too. i know it is frustrating. Please let your six year old go to be in underwear. You may be hurting her self esteem, by not letting her try. I'd bet she'll be fine. If not, what's a little pee?!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2009