Do you think we have a good chance of getting SSI?

My daughter has a chromosome abnormality PTEN. We applied almost a month ago and on the paperwork she was deemed disabled. I have met other people who have kids that have chromosome abnormalities that affect their ability to walk like my daughter. They got it. My friends tell me we have a good chance but I think they are just being supportive. What do you ladies think? Also I have a letter from the genetisct that says she will meet her milestones later in life due to low muscle tone and her size.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well i do know in the state I live in they ALWAYS denied and then you have to reapply and then they look things over more deeply. I think you have a good chance of recieving it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm very sorry about your child's special needs. I know that as a child of God she will bring you so much love and joy into your life. ♥

I honestly don't know the SSI system so I can't give you any answer for that, but I will send a prayer your way and wish for the best. Please appeal any negative decision.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• THE MOUNTH U WENT TO THE S.S. OFFICE AND THEY DESIDE TO DO IT THEY WILL SEND U PACK PAY FOR THE MOUNTHS U BEEN WAIGHTING TO HEAR FROM THEM AND THEN THE CHEAKS COME IN EVERY MOUNTH . I LIVE IN TEXAS AND BOTH OF MY KIDS GET S.S.I EVERY MOUNTH . JUST HANG IN THERE ! ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2009