What's the most some one can get on disability?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• The max amount is around $1500. SSDI is based off of how much you have worked and paid into the system.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Remember now Kiddos... This stuff is going to be non-existent before too much longer. You cannot rely on this to live off of. Maybe a few more years at tops. But after that, notta. We aren't even going to see Social Security when we retire. You can do what ya want right now.. but if this is your goal, you will end up homeless and on the streets in a few years... I guarantee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• anon. mind your own damn business. ...seriously. you have no idea why i'm inquiring about this. i dont need a warning. i didn't ask for your personal opinion.

but if you must know, my mom DIED before her hearing and if she was entitled to that money it will now go to my younger brother and my minor brother who i am now adopting. Retro active.
    Clearly it's not something we plan on living off of.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I had a hip replacement and was paid 312 a week, I think in CA its 430 a week max. It is my understanding that we pay into disability therefore it is there if you need it. If you are entitled to it take it its your money.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009