Christians

If you were trying to help someone learn how to read the bible what would be the first three "books" or sections you'd tell them to read first?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• psalms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• one of the gospels, or all of them, to compare 'witness' to certain stories..plus, one gospel may include an event that another didn't.
    romans..it always inspires to hopefulness of eternal glory.
    1 corinthians..good things.

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• im confused...3 books on "how" to read the Bible. the how is very tricky & is the reason there are so many denominations haha

it would really depend on what they already knew & what kinda person they were. but i would think Luke, Acts, & Romans would be the easiest to read & comprehend. Luke is written from a dr's pov, Acts is mostly history, & Romans is very simple. or it could be cause those are my favorite books haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• The New Testament was easier for me and we started with Matthew, Luke, and John. I believe.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• John, Proverbs & Psalms
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Luke, Acts, and the book of James.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would say John first because it is so amazing. If you want to know who God is, look at Jesus. He is the exact representation of the Father and He is the coolest guy ever!!!!

Then probably Romans, because it explains the grace of God and it very simply shows us who we are and what we need to do to recieve the grace of God and live with the Lord for eternity in Heaven.

And then I would think that the Psalms would be really good because they show a model for prayer. Honest communication with God. You can see the psalmists praise and adore the Lord, make confession, admitt confusion, pray for other people/the nation, pray for themselves. You see them go from despair to deep faith.

So basically John will show them who God/Jesus is, Romans will show you who we are and how we can go to heaven, and Psalms will show you how to talk to God. I guess that's it then : )

It is hard to choose, LOL
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I personally love Proverbs because it's solely to gain wisdom and discipline from, but it could be too much to handle at first for some because it's straight to the point. I think starting out in the New Testament is the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Mark; John; Luke; Pslams; Mathew; King James
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 6:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2009